Objective and Scope of Responsibilities
The Research Office is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling all research and research-related activities to ensure a strong research climate in SPCM.
To effectively carry out its primary objectives, the Research Office shall within limits of established policies and approved budgets, be charged with these functions and responsibilities:
1. Prepare the research agenda of SPCM.
2. Develop, recommend, and implement research policies that would encourage the faculty members in conducting research work and will improve student research outputs in the graduate and undergraduate levels.
3. Organize Research Committees that would handle the various phases of research activities, which include research proposal preparation, selection and evaluation, monitoring of the research activities and awarding outstanding research work.
4. Provide assistance to faculty members in doing research work by conducting workshops in research writing, providing research writing guidelines, and providing technical advice in refining and editing research proposals, designing instruments, and presenting research data.
5. Monitor the progress of the research activities being undertaken by the faculty members.
6. Publish research materials such as the research Journal, Research Agenda, Research Brochures;
7. Establish linkages with other research agencies for sharing of outputs and best practices.